I love stories. I think my self a good story teller, (you would not know it from here) even though I am not a good writer. I also love books, so long as they can grab me from the beginning. I am going to post my top ten books. The ones I could read over and over.
1. The Hobbit-J.R.R. Tolkien
2. Gates of Fire- Steven Pressfield
3.Virtues of War- Steven Pressfield
4. Treasure Island- Robert Louis Stevenson
5. The last of The Mohicans- Robert Louis Stevenson
6. Frankenstein- Mary Shelly
7.The Count of Monte Cristo- Alexander Dumas
8. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde- Robert Louis Stevenson
9. The Red Badge of Courage- Stephen Crane
10. Fortune’s Favorites- Colleen McCullough
Those are all pretty easy for me to read and I can not usually put them down until they are done. Books are a great thing in my opinion. Transporting you to another place and time and opening the doors to your imagination.
All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
– orison Swett Marden
I try to tell Rose a story before bed every single night. Usually they are something I just make up off the top of my head, but she enjoys them. I hope she can find joy in reading and transport herself to a dreamland while she does so.
What are some of your favorite books?